- Manage Network Engineering tasking for both O&M activities and WRAIR projects
- Provide status to Program Manager on Network projects and tasking
- Mentor Network Admin non-key personnel
- Provide support to other areas within WRAIR – such as: System Admins (Windows/Linus; Helpdesk and Information Assurance)
- Review existing wireless network designs and core network switch configurations to ensure they meet the latest security guidelines and that the network is running at optimum levels.
- Configure and maintain Cisco devices such as router, switches, Nexus switches and firewalls
- Recommend updates and changes to the existing WAN network design, LAN design, and wireless network design
- Recommend updates and changes for the existing core network switch configurations
- Generate network designs for new locations
- Design network switch base line configurations for new models of network switches that do not have established baselines.
- Conduct market research for WRAIR network projects.
- Engineer wired network solutions for future WRAIR projects.
- Develop and maintain accurate network documentation and network diagrams
- Perform network assessments and security audits.
- Review existing WAN and LAN designs which are in one of the following formats: Visio, CAD, PDF, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Support Cisco VOIP technologies
- Understanding knowledge of ATO process
- Manage switches, routers, firewalls, application delivery controllers/load-balancers, wireless, VPN and security devices
- Monitor the network to ensure acceptable performance and availability, and identify and resolve network problems
- Ability to analyze an existing network, identify improvements and make recommendations
- Experience with WAN optimization, application delivery/load balancing (F5 or Citrix NetScaler), cloud network management (Meraki), VMware, SAN/NAS storage, and SolarWinds preferred
- Experience with MS Products (MS Word, Excel, Sharepoint, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- 5-7 years of experience providing technical writing support to DoD, National Security, and Federal information systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Cisco Certification – CCNA and/or CCNP is required and CCNA Wireless is preferred
- Security + required
- Tops Secret Clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.